Installing Project Dependencies
Note: The process varies depending on your choice of code editor / IDE, so refer to one of the following guides:
Installing dependencies with the command line¶
- Make sure you are in the root project directory. This directory will always have a file titled
- Install project and development dependencies. Remember to also set up pre-commit hooks to ensure your pushed commits will never fail linting.
$ poetry install $ poetry run task precommit
Installing dependencies with PyCharm¶
- Load up your project in PyCharm.
- Go to the Project Settings by clicking
Settings.... Alternatively, use the shortcut key:
command+commaon Mac OS).
- Install the poetry plugin.
- Navigate to
Project Interpreter, then click the gear icon and click
Poetry Environment, then click
- PyCharm will automatically install the packages required into a virtual environment.