Thank you for your interest in our projects!
If you are interested in contributing, this page contains the golden rules to follow when contributing. Supplemental information can be found here. Do note that failing to comply with our guidelines may lead to a rejection of the contribution.
If you are confused by any of these rules, feel free to ask us in the
#dev-contrib channel in our Discord server.
The Golden Rules of Contributing¶
- Lint before you push. We have simple but strict style rules that are enforced through linting.
You must always lint your code before committing or pushing.
Using tools such as
pre-commitcan make this easier. Make sure to follow our style guide when contributing.
- Make great commits. Great commits should be atomic, with a commit message explaining what and why. More on that can be found in this section.
- Do not open a pull request if you aren't assigned to the issue. If someone is already working on it, consider offering to collaborate with that person.
- Use assets licensed for public use. Whenever the assets are images, audio or even code, they must have a license compatible with our projects.
- Follow the Python Discord Code of Conduct. We aim to foster a welcoming and friendly environment on our open source projects. We take violations of our Code of Conduct very seriously, and may respond with moderator action.
Welcome to our projects!